CROWN POINT — The Lake County Well being Division is clarifying its COVID-19 enterprise restrictions to make sure county residents and guests can get ready meals, someplace, in the course of the in a single day hours.
Public Well being Order 2 was revised Friday to allow Lake County eateries at the moment providing drive-thru service to stay open between midnight and 5 a.m. to serve solely drive-thru clients.
All different eating places, bars, nightclubs and retail meals institutions, together with indoor seating areas of drive-thru eateries, nonetheless should stay closed between 12 and 5 a.m. seven days per week to assist decrease the unfold of the coronavirus, in accordance with the order issued by Dr. Chandana Vavilala, Lake County’s well being officer.
The drive-thru clarification up to now is the one change to the county’s well being order that took impact Monday as a part of an effort to cut back the variety of COVID-19 instances, and accompanying hospitalizations, in Indiana’s second-most populous county.
The opposite restrictions, that are licensed by Indiana legislation and the governor’s govt order, and proceed in power till modified or rescinded by the county well being officer, embody:
- Capability caps of 75% at procuring malls and retail shops, 50% at eating places and retail meals institutions, and 25% at bars, nightclubs, gyms, health facilities, and “non-essential” leisure companies, together with film theaters and bowling alleys.
- Private providers companies, together with salons, barber outlets, nail salons, spas and tattoo parlors, could stay open at full capability however should serve clients by appointment solely.
- Workplace, manufacturing and non secular buildings can keep open, although distant work or attendance is strongly really helpful wherever possible and 6 toes of distance from non-household members should be maintained.
- Staff and clients at companies open to the general public should put on a face masks to reduce the potential unfold of COVID-19.
- Faculties are strongly really helpful to observe the state’s color-coded steering to determine whether or not to stay open for in-person instruction or go for distant studying.
The order moreover reminds Lake County residents to proceed following commonplace COVID-19 prevention pointers, together with sporting a face masks, social distancing, repeatedly washing their arms, often cleansing typically touched surfaces, maximizing air flow in enclosed areas, and avoiding shared meals, drinks and utensils.