After opening the season with a pair of street video games, the College of Hawai’i soccer group will make its first look at Aloha Stadium this season in opposition to New Mexico, Saturday, Nov. 7. Kickoff is about for six:00 p.m. The Rainbow Warriors (1-1) are in search of their first win over the Lobos in Honolulu since 1991.
What: Hawai’i (1-1) vs. New Mexico (0-1)
When: Saturday, Nov. 7, 2020
Time: 6:00 p.m. HT
The place: Honolulu, O’ahu
Stadium: Aloha Stadium
Tv: Spectrum Sports activities PPV (Spectrum Ch. 255/HD 1255 and Hawaiian Telcom Ch. 969). Robert Kekaula (play-by-play) and Wealthy Miano (analyst).
Radio: ESPN Honolulu (1420AM/92.7FM). Bobby Curran (play-by-play) and John Veneri (analyst). KRKH (Maui), KPUA (Hawai’i Island), and KTOH-HD3 (Kaua’i). Chris Hart and Gary Dickman hosts the “Countdown To Kickoff” at 4:00 p.m.
Video Streaming: Solely out there exterior the state of Hawai’i by way of the Team1Sports app.
Audio Streaming: ESPNHonolulu.com/Sideline Hawaii app
Stay Stats: HawaiiAthletics.com
Collection Info: twenty sixth Assembly. UH leads, 15-10
- Saturday’s recreation shall be performed with out followers because of COVID-19 restrictions within the island of O’ahu.
- UH has received its final 5 house openers relationship again to 2015, which marks the longest such streak because the Rainbow Warriors moved into Aloha Stadium.
- In 4 earlier head teaching jobs, UH head coach Todd Graham is 3-1 in house openers, his solely loss occurring whereas at Rice.
- UH has a present four-game house win streak relationship again to final season (final loss vs. Fresno State, Nov. 2, 2019) whereas the Lobos have misplaced 10 straight street contests relationship again to 2018 (final win at UNLV, Oct. 6, 2018).
- New Mexico (0-1) enters Saturday’s match-up having misplaced its final 10 video games general relationship again to final season (final win vs. New Mexico State, Sept. 21, 2019).
- UH leads the general sequence 15-10 and snapped a seven-game dropping streak to the Lobos with a 45-31 win in Albuquerque final season.
- In that recreation, the Warriors led 35-3 on the break for its largest halftime lead ever in a street contest. UH additionally tallied a season-high 255 yards dashing and completed with 578 whole yards, its second highest whole of the season.
- UH leads the sequence, 11-6, in Honolulu and shall be in search of its first win in opposition to the Lobos at Aloha Stadium since a 35-13 victory in 1991. UNM has received 4 straight in Honolulu.
- Since UH joined the Mountain West in 2012, the groups have met 4 occasions with UNM successful three of these contests, together with match-ups in Honolulu in 2012 (35-23) and 2016 (28-21).
- UNM head coach Danny Gonzales is in his first season on the helm after serving as Arizona State’s defensive coordinator the previous two seasons whereas former ASU head coach Todd Graham is in his first season at UH. The 2 are amongst six new head coaches within the Mountain West.
- The Lobos’ initially scheduled season-opener in opposition to Colorado State, Oct. 24 in Fort Collins, Colo., was cancelled because of COVID-19. UNM was purported to host San Jose State final week nonetheless that recreation was moved to San Jose, Calif., because of county restrictions in Albuquerque.
- In final week’s loss to Wyoming, UH’s seven factors scored had been the fewest by a Todd Graham-coached group since Tulsa was shutout by Oklahoma in 2009, a span of 113 video games.
- Three of UH’s subsequent 4 video games shall be performed at Aloha Stadium, the place Hawai’i used to be 7-2 final season.
Promotions: Farmers Insurance coverage Hawaii is the sport sponsor. The UH soccer group pays tribute to Ben Yee, one of many founding members of Na Koa, the UH soccer group’s booster membership. Gamers will put on commemorative Ben Yee decals on the groups helmets for the sport in opposition to New Mexico.
- UH Soccer followers have the chance to win nice prizes by taking part in our “Bows Tailgate” social media contest throughout each soccer gameday. Submit a photograph of your gameday expertise from the place you’re rooting, and use the hashtag #BowsTailgate. Followers can publish on Fb or Instagram. Two (2) winners shall be chosen every recreation at halftime and win an Beneath Armour Prize Pack.
- UH Followers can compete in “Bows Trivia” for the possibility to win free UH equipment and attire. Trivia questions shall be posted on Instagram tales (@hawaiiathletics) through the finish of the primary and third quarters. Twenty fortunate followers that reply with the right solutions will win nice prizes.
- The College of Hawai’i Athletics and ‘Ahahui Koa Ānuenue are inviting followers this 12 months to make a “Pledge-per-Landing” for the 2020 soccer season. Though attendance at video games is just not potential because of COVID19 guidelines, this initiative gives an alternate strategy to cheer on the Rainbow Warriors from house whereas additionally supporting UH Athletics on the similar time. Make Your Touchdown Pledge
- This season, the College of Hawai’i Athletic Division is providing followers a possibility to get a cutout of your self, a buddy, a member of the family and even your pet positioned in an open seat within the Aloha Stadium Sideline Orange Degree (placement based mostly on TV seen sideline). Every minimize out will value $50 for the whole thing of the 2020 house soccer season. Proceeds from the cutouts will help College of Hawaii student-athletes. click here for extra info to fan cutouts part.